Skip to main content

Layered vintage roses Birthday Card

Hi everyone, Heidi here! First of all I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope you have lots of laughter with family and friends during this holiday season. 


Secondly I'm sad to let you guys know that today is my last post as design team member for the Kennedy Grace Creations team, I will still be creating with the beautiful KGC stamps but not on the KGC blog.

For my last project I choose to create a vintage roses birthday card with different layers for a 3D like effect.

To get this card started I stamped the roses from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Splendid Roses“ stamp set onto a die cut square panel (using Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper), hanging the stamp a little of the edge. I used my MISTI for this and Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink. I also stamped the same rose image twice on separate pieces of this Bristol paper and clear heat embossed all the panels afterwards.
Of course the square panel is going to be my base. From the other two stamped images I’m going to create the layers for the 3D effect. 

I also stamped my sentiment on the square panel. For this I choose one of the sentiments from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose“ stamp set, I stamped with Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink and clear heat embossed afterwards. And to create the swirls I stamped parts of the swirls from the Viva Decor “Floral Embellishments“ stamp set with Memento “Northern Pine“ ink (using the second generation stamping technique, because otherwise I felt it would turn out to dark).


Next I started colouring all the images but not all of them entirely or equally neat: on the square panel I colouring everything neatly except the two biggest roses that are going to have the second and third layer (on these I only coloured the edges to give them a red colour, nothing fancy). On the other two layers I also worked in the same way, colouring only the parts that I needed.

For my colouring I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and my Pentel Aquabrush. I used the following colours: Carmine Red, Wine Red, May Green, Deep Green and Pale Dawn Gray (this last colour only around the outer edges of the rose images, the square panel and also on the edge of my card base, this way I created that vintage look).
I also brought back in some details with a white Sakura Gelly Rol pen after all the colouring was dry.


When the white pen application was dry I fussy cut the second and third layer out using my Fiskars scissors. And then we can put this card together: I choose a crème coloured card base, because that’s about the same colour as the Bristol paper I used (and as mentioned before I edged the card base with one of the Zig Markers). I die cut a dark bordeaux red coloured stitched panel for my mat and adhered the stamped square panel to the bordeaux panel using liquid glue and then adhering these combined panels to my card base using one millimetre thick foam tape. I also adhered the second and third layer for the roses this way using one millimetre thick foam tape.


I love it when a project comes together the way I imaged it in my head: adding the second en third layer on this card really made this card complete and I love the way the petals from the roses hang of the edge of the squares.

For my finishing touch I added some Kennedy Grace Creations “Moonbeams“ sequins in different sizes, adhering them with Ranger Medium Matte.

And that’s it for today’s card! I wish you all lots of crafty fun in 2018!

  Photobucket
Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som