Skip to main content

Blue and Silver


  Photobucket
Hi everyone, Heidi here, today I would like to show you a mood board inspired card!
I don’t use blue as a flower colour very much but on this card I really love the end result.
This is the mood board all the KGC Design Team Members are working with this month:


To get this card started I stamped the flower image from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Kindness Medley“ stamp set onto some Canson 1557 (180 gr./extra white) paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and my MISTI.
Then I coloured the flowers with my Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils in the numbers 151, 157, 112, 165, 187 and 186 and the one Holbein Artists‘ Colored Pencil in the colour Lavender Blue (from the Pastel Tone set that you can buy on Ebay).When the colouring was done I fussy cut the image out using my Fiskars scissors and leaving a small white edge.

For my sentiment I choose one of my favourite sentiments from Kennedy Grace Creations and it’s from the “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose“ stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on the back side of some white linen textured card stock using the same Versafine ink and then I die cut around the sentiment using one of the dies in the Spellbinders “Victorian Tags“ die set (for this I used the smallest part of one of the three two layer die sets that come in this set). For my second die cut layer (the tag itself) I used some kraft coloured card stock and edged a little with Memento “Rich Cacao“ ink. I adhered the sentiment onto the tag using one millimetre thick foam tape.


Next I started working on my background panel: I die cut one rectangle mat from some matching dark blue slightly shimmery linen textured card stock, then I die cut a slightly smaller rectangle mat from some white linen textured card stock. These two layers I adhered together using liquid glue and then I adhered the combined mats to a kraft coloured card base (that I also edged with the same brown Memento ink) using one millimetre thick foam tape.
The silver lacy background is created by die cutting some silver glitter paper twice with the Crealies Decorette XL die with number CLDRXL10. I tore of a piece of the top part and then adhered first one part to the white/blue background combo using Ranger Medium Matte and then slightly overlapping adhering the second part also using Ranger Medium Matte. Now it looks like one piece of background lace work. Gorgeous, right?

To finish the card all I have to do now is to adhere the sentiment on the card using one millimetre thick foam tape and then the coloured flower image using about three layers of one millimetre thick foam tape.

And that finishes today’s card! I wish you’ll a creative day!



Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som