Skip to main content

Grateful for our Friendship


Hello friends, it's Jill here on the Kennedy Grace Creations Blog to present a card I made using the Kennedy Grace Creations November Mood Board as my inspiration.  This card is called, Grateful for our Friendship, because life is truly so much better with friends!  It showcases how you can stretch your stamp sets to be used for the holidays even though they are not holiday stamps.



 I primarily used the KGC stamp set You Inspire me to make this card.  I first prepped my card panel with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink (DOI) by dragging the pad down in vertical stripes to create what looks like a weathered wood panel door.  I then lightly traced a circle the size that I wanted my wreath to be and then used 3 of the small images from the stamp set (small leafy branch x 2, and the 3 dots) to make my wreath.  I used mostly Distress Oxide inks, inking each stamp one color and stamping it around the circle, then changing colors and again stamping around the circle, turning the leafy branches in different directions.  I tried to space out the colors in my stamping so as not to have one color be predominant in any location.  I did also use metallic gold pigment ink and metallic copper pigment ink to give the wreath a little shimmer here and there.  I stamped the dots (berries) on the wreath last using Fired Brick DOI and filling in any areas that needed it.  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set from KGC, You Inspire Me, in DOI using two of the colors from the wreath.  I stamped and die cut the bow from The Ton's Christmas Wreath Builder stamp set.  The tails ended up being a bit too long, so I trimmed them down to fit my card.  It is a layered ink stamp that I embellished with Copic markers for depth of color and a white gel pen for highlights.  I also stamped additional small branches around the "Grateful" sentiment and found some metallic gold card-stock and die cut some small poinsettias from a Spellbinders die set I had.  I placed rhinestones in the centers of each flower that I had colored with a Copic marker to match the deep red on the card.  I also found in my stash of adhesive stickers some small gold dots from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I used three around my sentiment as well.

November Mood Board

To finish my card, I mounted a scalloped-stitched die cut frame from Avery Elle in a complementary color.  I them adhered it to a Confetti Cream side folding card base from Stampin' Up!

I hope you enjoyed my card and will feel inspired to stretch some of your non-holiday stamp sets this year.  To see this card and others of my making, please visit my blog at www.jktayloredcards.com

Gratefully yours,

Jill

Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets.  You Inspire me

**Kennedy Grace Creations products are linked to the store for your convenience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som