Skip to main content

Beautiful Bloom with a Bow



Hi everyone, Heidi here on the blog! Today I have this bright and sunny birthday card for you all.
To get this card started I stamped the biggest flower from the gorgeous Kennedy Grace Creations stamp set “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose” onto some Strathmore “Toned Gray” paper with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink. I made sure that I didn’t stamp the smallest flowers, just the big one, as a stand alone flower.

This stamp set is very versatile, you can use the little flowers alone, the big flower alone and of course the combination (like it’s meant to be), you can colour the flowers, but you can also stamp them without colouring because the stamp is so wonderfully detailed! You can even create an entire background with the one stamp, like I also did on this card!

Next I started colouring the image with my coloured pencils and I didn’t use many pencils: for the yellow part I only used three pencils: a Faber Castell Polychromos number 111 (Cadmium Orange), a Holbein Artists’ Colored Pencil number OP127 (Cream) and a Caran d’Ache Luminance pencil in 001 (White). Other colours that I used are: Faber Castell Polychromos in the colours 166/165/187/176/272 and 199. Each petal of the flower that I finished colouring I draw over the stamped lines again with my Copic Multiliner 0.3 (because you colour over the lines a little you loose the definition and I liked the image better with crisp lines, this is personal preference, you don’t have to do this of course).


After the colouring is done I cut out the image with a stitched rectangle die in the size I wanted and I also die cut a square one size larger from some crème coloured linen textured card stock that I also used for my card base.

Then I started working on my background: I die cut two square panels: one from the Toned Gray paper that I coloured my flower on and one from some light yellow card stock with a grey undertone (for this panel I used a stitched die). On the light yellow panel I stamped one of the sentiments that comes with the flowers in the same “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose” stamp set with the same black ink as used before and then I started stamping the same flower image with the two smaller flowers with Distress Ink in the colour “Wild Honey” around the sentiment (wiping most of the ink of with my finger where I comes closest to the sentiment) and working my way up over the whole background panel. I used my MISTI stamping tool for this but you don’t have to.

And then it’s time to put this card together: I glued the smaller set and the bigger set of die cut square mats together with liquid glue. I adhered some matching ribbon from my stash around the biggest squares, taping the loose ends to the back with regular tape, and I also created a bow from the same ribbon with a separate piece. Next I foam taped the biggest panels to the card base with one millimetre thick foam tape and finished this card by foam taping the smaller squares to the card with two millimetre thick foam tape.

And that finishes today’s card!
I wish you all a creative day!



Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful card!! Beautiful coloring!! I love the background you have created.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som